On February 19, 2014 I went to see local licensed acupuncturist because it is my husband and my desire to become pregnant. She was amazing, asked a lot of questions, was very attentive and even honest about her capabilities or not. I had wanted to get stomach herbs that my naturopathic doctor had given me almost five years ago now to heal my stomach lining. She does not make custom herbs. She along with my old boss told me to buy my own and make my own custom herbs so I did at their advice. I’ll share more about that later.
The acupuncture was very relaxing and I am usually a type A asking lots of questions, but I was able to relax and the coolest thing was that when I left my abdomen felt filled up, full and warm. She said that was normal and that everyone responds differently to acupuncture. I guess a lot of energy and oxygen went to my ovaries and reproductive organs! I wanted to share what was on the intake form about the benefits and research on acupuncture for fertility.
Research Supports the Role of Acupuncture.
1. A 1996 study published in the journal, Human Reproduction, used ultrasound to evaluate blood flow in the uterus during acupuncture treatments. The study found when acupuncture needles were placed correctly, the nervous system was stimulated, thereby relaxing the uterus to allow for successful implant of an embryo within the uterine lining.
2. A landmark study in the medical journal Fertility and Sterility in 2002, found that acupuncture dramatically improved the chances of becoming pregnant when used in conjunction with ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology).
Researchers at the Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York concluded that acupuncture additionally helped to:
1. Reduce anxiety and the hormones that are secreted during stressful situations that can significantly decrease fertility.
2. Normalize hormone and endocrine systems that regulate ovulation, especially in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome.
3. Positively affect the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis, which plays a key role in fertility.
4. Help Regulate the menstrual cycle.
Just thought I would share a very relaxing and beautiful experience.
Have a beautiful blessed day!